Tuesday, June 5, 2012

juniper

When we first got our chickens three years ago, we had no idea how much we would grow to enjoy them.  Over the years they have proven challenging when they have had to share their space with the gardens we grow and the children who like to frolic in the limited area of our yard but, through it all, we have loved them.   We visit and feed them each day, collect their eggs and watch their silly antics with joy in our hearts.  They're much more like pets than farmyard layers...


Sadly, this morning we found that during the night, our dear Juniper had been taken from the coop by a raccoon.  We've had her for three and a half years.  I'm not sure how to feel about this loss.

May our little friend rest in peace.
We will miss her.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Dionne, I'm sorry! I don't know how I would take it exactly either but I do know I would be sad :( You know we love your girl flock <3

    I need to chat summer plans with you lovely ladies and have you over soon <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole. Our vigilance for the safety of the remaining girls is greatly increased!
      Seems we haven't played with you gals in so long. Summer dates sound great!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...