Thursday, February 16, 2012

recycled quilt pillow

Before we leave the Valentine season behind, I wanted to share one final heart craft idea.  This one is not my own but was a gift to Naiya that her Oma found whilst local artisan shopping last year. 
Though the front of the pillow is cut from a vintage quilt (that likely was not entirely intact), the back is of a new, soft, plush material.  I occasionally find beautiful but somewhat edge worn, hand made quilts in thrift shops and have the instinct to rescue them from their lack of appreciation.  What would I do with another old (albeit exquisitely crafted), frayed blanket I wonder?  Well, now I know.  This one has been well loved.

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea. It turned out lovely! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that idea thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't tell you how long I have intended to do this! Yours is lovely and very inspiring...

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...